Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fairy Fishing Rods

Maureen was asking for more details - It is Dierama pulcherrimum - one of the Iridaceae. There is a picture in the link. It has bulbs a little like Gladioli, and they stack up, one on top of another. My beloved, who dug them out for me, reckons they had been there ten years, by his count of the bulbs - I think it was more like fifteen!

And, on a sadder note - my beloved was helping me today by doing some whipper-snipping. And Mary Queen of Scots has just been beheaded for the second time. Think I will have to put some worthwhile markers up. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Thanks Chloe for the link and picture.Can't say I've seen the plant before.looks really lovely........any perfume?

12:29 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Are you sure this is only the second time poor Mary Queen of Scots has been beheaded? I thought you confessed to that dastardly deed a few months back and this would be at least the third such 'execution'. I can see that Royalty is just not safe in your garden!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home