Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Treeferns

I have just been away for a few days, and it is too beautifully damp out there to garden, so here are some pictures of treeferns in their natural state, from my trip away. This is a photo taken in the cool rainforest on the Black Spur, near Melbourne.

Treefern5

You can see the treeferns on either side of the road. And the hillsides are densely covered.

The large version is HERE.

Here is another one, right beside the road, and quite tall

Treeferns4

The large one for that is HERE.

Although I have some in my garden, I doubt they will ever look this good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Chloe - isn't it an awesome trip over the Black Spur. Perhaps it's lucky that there aren't too many areas one can stop and take photos, otherwise I may never make it to the other side. Those tall, tall, very tall trees are just wonderful.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home